Thursday, March 09, 2006

Countdown to Closing - Day 6

It's really looking like this time will actually be the real closing date. I spoke with the realtor today and she has the fax of the certificate of occupancy in hand and should have the actual certificate tomorrow. My final walkthrough is scheduled for Monday at 2:30 and it should go fine this time since everything looked pretty good when I went to see the unit today. It simply needs to have some painting finished (it's about 90% done) and have the entire placed completely cleaned up. Finally I've gone and booked the movers to move me in as of 3/16. Here's hoping it all works out.

Funny little story.
I went up to my unit to take a look at it. I walked in and rolled my eyes as the painting was still not done and the doors were still not varnished. Of course they did have scaffolding in there to do painting so I wasn't all that worried. I walked into the the living room and saw they had still not painted my door frame. I looked up to see that they had fully stripped the paint off of the metal beams. Now I was starting to get upset. I nearly blew my gasket when I realized that the ceiling had been covered with sheetrock and painted. I was pissed because one of the HUGE benefits of my unit was the exposed beam ceiling. I immediately ran off to find Robin and find out WHAT was going on. I got half way down the hallway and got even more upset when I saw that the hallway area ceiling had been covered by dropped ceiling and gone were the sawtooth cathedral like ceiling with the beautiful skylights. I continued walking but it slowly dawned on my that something wasn't right. I stopped and looked at the sign on the wall and read the directions to the different rooms and realized one very, VERY important thing.

I was on the third floor.

Oops. I guess the floors really are almost identical. At least I realized this BEFORE I got to Robin. At this point I went up to the fourth floor and with a huge sigh of relief saw that my unit was practically finished and was exactly like I expected it to be. Unbidden the lyrics to Herman's Hermits "Silhouettes" came to mind.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

"You're on the wrong blo-ock."