Thursday, July 01, 2010

The Bet: The Story and Before Pictures

We interrupt the backlog of posts to bring you some current news.
So, some of you are aware that I’ve been in a weight loss bet with my friend Dani.  Dani has been going to the gym and doing kickboxing since last November and has really enjoyed it.  At about March, after losing about 10 lbs, she made me an offer I just couldn’t refuse.  She said that she needed some motivation to keep going further along than the 10 lbs, and she figured I needed motivation to finally get it in gear and get to the gym.  What resulted for a series of conversations around that topic was that
  1. We were going to have a joint birthday party with a Toga theme
  2. We were going to have a weight loss bet to May 1 (the day of our party) to lose 15 lbs each.

To speed through some of the story, we ended up having the party mid-April and we changed the terms (balanced the weight loss goals between me and Dani – about 1 lb a week for her and 2 lbs for me) of the bet and extended it through July 1.

On March 1, I weighed in at 213.  That pretty much is the high point of weight for me since I started keeping track back in 2004.  The lowest recorded weight I have was 181 on April 10, 2004.  One final weight reference point is that when I met Dani in March 2005, I was close to 186.

Additional measurements I take are waist, stomach and chest.  On 2/22/2010, right before the bet, I was 39, 42 and 40.5 inches respectively.

I will now take a cue from Dani’s recent posts (before, after) at this point show some of the least flattering pictures of me I can find.  Tomorrow I’ll post some after photos.

My 30th Birthday Party (March, 2009)
2009-03-21 TC Bday 1
Missa Gaia Trip with Glee Club (October 2009)
  2009-10-02 - Missa Gaia NYC
AXP Thanksgiving (November 2009)
2009-11 - Crow Thanksgiving
Fraternity Composite Photo (December 2009)
vantine-proof0001
Horribly unflattering “before” picture #1 (April 2009)
DSC00016
Horribly unflattering “before” picture #2 (April 2009)


DSC00019

1 comments:

Jo said...

Dani posted some after pictures first... good idea! I'm not so sure I would have been brave enough to post before pictures without posting the now pictures.