Thursday, May 25, 2006

Total Geekiness

So I’m a complete and utter geek. I’m sure you all knew that by now. The fun thing about working at a technical college is that I get to play with all sorts of toys. Currently I’m working on my new PC which is a Dell Optiplex 620. It is a Dual Core 3.2 GHz x64 processor with 2 Gigs of RAM and a RADEON X600 video card powering dual monitors.

While that is nice in and of itself, I’m also currently running Windows Vista Beta 2 x64 (Build 5384) with Office 2007 Beta 2. In fact I’m writing this post in Word 2007 Beta 2 in the new Blog tool that is built into Word.

I have to say, the new UI on both the OS and the Office Suite take a bit of getting used to but they really do work a lot better. Outlook 2007 is a huge improvement over 2003, about as much as 2003 was over 2002 (aka Outlook XP). Outlook will now auto detect your exchange settings if you are on a domain.

Well that’s all for now, I just wanted to test out the blog post functionality and share my excitement on using Vista and Office 2007.

1 comments:

jpabad said...

I hate you.

Which is code for I'm so jealous, it hurts.

I've been watching the development of the Office 2007 interface with great interest and just saw a video about Outlook 2007 and I almost had to change my pants. Then I remembered that its just a PIM and mail client and life went on.

But then I ordered the DVD of the Office 2007 beta so I don't have to wait for the download to happen. Just Microsoft fulfillment which is pretty efficient.