Tuesday, May 23, 2006

And so it begins...

Well, its time to start looking into getting a new car. The audi which has done so well for me for the last 6 years is getting to the point where its time to replace it. The car itself is about 10 years old; it's a '97 model. Servicing the car is just going to get more expensive from here and I don't want to worry about that. I'd prefer to have a set amount per month to budget for with fewer, if any, surprises in my finances.

I looked it up on Kelly Blue Book and the value for a 97 Audi A6 in Fair condition is about $4,500 which is a good amount for a down payment on a "new" car. What I'd like to do is get a certified pre-owned Audi A4 that's 3-4 years old.

We'll see what happens. Its all dependent on getting a steady roommate and saving up additional down payments prior to the purchase.

0 comments: