Saturday, February 09, 2008

Like, Totally!

So once I landed Kristin had to go back to work and Colin wasn't home yet so I entertained myself a bit until about 3pm when they all got home. At that point we just hung out and watched "Legally Blonde: The Musical" which was a recording by MTV of the Broadway production. It was hilarious.

Colin then took a nap since he had to head to work at 11 pm (he's working third shift while I'm here) and Kristin left for Choir practice. I ended up falling asleep on the couch and only woke up when Kristin returned at 9:30. After that she got Colin up and he went off to work and she and I had drinks and caught up. All in all, a good day.

Yesterday, Kristin headed to work and Colin got up around 11 am (which is super early for him since he normally sleeps until 3pm or so since he gets home around 7 am.) and then we went out and did lunch. We went to Renaldi's and got some great subs and ate them at Manhattan beach which was gorgeous. The weather was so good yesterday I was in t-shirt and sandals.

After lunch Colin and I went to the La Braya Tar Pits which was an interesting place to visit. Getting there was just as much an experience because Colin took us on his motorcycle. I think the last time I was on a bike was as a kid so this was very much a new experience and heading out on the highway for your first time can be a bit heart pounding. You can really feel how fast you are going when you aren't surrounded by the walls and windows of a car. By the time we made the return trip I was just enjoying the experience.

After the tar pits we headed out to Sharkees for happy hour that his work was putting together for the new hire program. Drinks were a two for one special and I ended up ordering twice. I'll let you do the math. :) Happy hour was also a new experience since it has been illegal in MA since '84.

The last stop of the evening was "The Stinking Rose" a restaurant known for having garlic in every dish on the menu. I had a fantastic Filet Mignon.

All-in-all a great trip so far and it's barely begun. More to come later....

1 comments:

Tara said...

Jeremy and I went with Rich to the Stinking Rose in San Fran when we went out there a few years ago- it was awesome! I had the prime rib and the potato soup.

Make sure you hit an In and Out while you're out there. Best fast food ever.