Saturday, February 09, 2008

Fun in the sun

So today was a nice relaxing day. Kristin and I spent the morning at Redondo beach. I didn't go swimming because the water was too cold for my liking but that didn't stop a lot of other people from getting in as well as those where were surfing. It was nice I got some sun, got some exercise running along the water and was able to relax and read a book for the first time in ages.

It's nice I'm finally getting to the point where I'm not worried about work or anything else back home and actually relaxing. Scarey, isn't it? I mean I've actually turned off email on my phone! Seriously, I have needed this vacation.

Tonight we're eating in and just relaxing. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

4 comments:

Christine said...

Are you serious? YOU? a kid who grew up at Duxbury beach and Nantasket...the water was toooo cold...in California?? WAH! :P

TC said...

Yeah, well, since I've grown up I've grown less tolerant of cold water. I can't really swim in Nantasket or Duxbury any more unless it's been an incredible heat wave.

As for the water, it was about June temps for Nantasket.

Christine said...

well all i know is that i'm betting that the weather THERE is a WHOLE LOT BETTER than it is here...its 1:42AM, windy as can be and its 13 degrees (and feels like -14!). Enjoy the fun and sun and WARMTH! PS - please tell Colin I said HI!

TC said...

Oh, the weather is fantastic. It was 75 when I was at the beach and it's been sunny every day I've been here and at least 65 out.

I'll tell Colin you said hello!