Sunday, February 17, 2008

And so it goes

Well, today I fly out from Oregon to Boston. The first real vacation I've taken in years is over. I vow to never let it go this long again before a vacation of some substance.

Visiting Sean in Oregon was a nice end to the vacation. We got to hang out and get back in touch for the first time in ages. We saw National Treasure on DVD and then went to see National Treasure 2. Both movies were pretty good.

I really don't care for United. Every single time I've checked in it's been a lackluster experience. The nicest thing I can say about it is that all things considered it could have been worse, but is that the endorsement you want your customers to have?

Today my flight got delayed out of PDX to DEN by 45 minutes. Thankfully I had a 1.5 hour layover in DEN so I'll be able to make my connecting flight out to BOS which is still listed as on time.

I really don't like the PDX airport. First off they don't check your bags at the station. You bring your bags to the check-in station, and then you have to bring them over to the x-ray scanner yourself. Given the cost of air travel is it too much to ask to have that taken care of behind the scene? Secondly, since I ended up having an extra 45 minutes at the airport I decided to get food, but most of the actual restaurants are outside of the security zone. I really didn't want to deal with the hassle of going through TSA security checkpoints AGAIN so I thankfully found a Wendy's and got food from there.

Here's hoping the rest of the flight is better than the PDX portion.

0 comments: