Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year

Hello 2007, good-bye 2006.

It was a fantastic party as usual. It's always fun to co-host something with Elliot and it was a pleasure being surrounded by old friends and new friends for the start of what I think will be a banner year.

Cleanup is mostly done at this point, and it actually went really quickly. The fun part is finding all the alcohol that people brought that I hadn't noticed, including several bottles of wine. :)

It's wierd being alone in the condo, especially with having all the furniture setup in the guest bedroom. Carlos left on Saturday and I ended up buying his desk, night stand and book shelf so I could advertise the room as furnished. For all the time I've been here except for about 2 days I've had a roommate and those days I was still in the process of moving in so they don't entirely count. I kinda like having the whole place to myself. If it didn't cost so much to do so, I'd probably fore-go getting a new roomie.

Well, tomorrow I go back to work. This vacation has been exactly what I needed. I barely checked my email the entire week. I didn't feel like I was getting behind on things. I actually, truly relaxed this week. Unfortunately, all good things come to an end and I have a very large list of things to get done at the beginning of this year so it'll be a while before I can slow down again.

I hope you all had a very happy new year's eve and I wish everyone a very happy new year to come.

1 comments:

Catherine said...

I had a blast sweetie. Wish I could have stayed longer.