Wednesday, January 10, 2007

A whole lot goin on

Yeah, so the whole "everyone's getting married" thing still hasn't settled down much. I already have three scheduled for this year so far.

My brother's is in May and we're going to pick out Tuxes on Friday. The fun part is that we're going not just for sizing but to pick out the style and colors. As I've told my brother, this is one of the perks of having a gay brother; I get to help him make sure he looks good. I've also promised the fiancée that I'll make sure he looks good too. Now the big challenge is that my brother is not a dress up, formal clothes kind of guy. His idea of dressing up is a nice pair of courdoroy pants, a large sweater (which he looks like he's swimming in) and his t-shirt untucked underneath it. If you're lucky, he'll shave too. The thing is that I want my brother to look good since its his big day and I want him to hold his own against his beautiful bride-to-be, but at the same time I don't want him to look completely uncomfortable. My thought is that we'll go with something a bit edgy and modern for the tuxes. Very clean and simple looks. We'll see how it goes.

The next thing is that I get to help plan Cate's graduation party. You heard me right, Cate is gonna graduate this May. Maybe that's the reason for the odd weather. When Matt Crawford graduated it snowed in May. When Cate Carrigan graduates, it doesn't snow all winter? Hmm... I'll think on that. This should be fun. I'm meeting with her and Betty sometime in the next few weeks.

The final big thing is that one of my closest and dearest friends, Colin, is getting married in April. It should be a blast and I'm going down early to visit. Now I know I've mentioned he's getting married before but the new thing is that he's just asked me to be an usher, to which I couldn't be happier to say yes. Now a really fun trip is going to be even more fun and special.

As you can see I'm going to be in tuxes a lot this spring. Of course this means I have about 3 months to get in shape so I look good in said tuxes. Ahh, such work. :)

4 comments:

Christine said...

You describe Jon SO well!!! :)

Catherine said...

I think hell is just freezing over because not only is Cate graduating, but so is Lucas. Scary thought, they're going to be released on the real world.

Judd said...

Hello out there from the real world! I can tell you from personal experience out here that the world is not ready for them.

Kitten said...

MEN IN TUXES ARE SO SEXY!