Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A room with a view

Well, now that Blogger has updated its site, it has the opportunity to move things around and customize the blog fairly easily but.... (there's always a but...) you need to upgrade to a new design which means my current one won't work. Now of course I can go in and take one of the existing ones and tweak it (which is what I did when I moved to blogger) but honestly, I don't like any of the available designs and am a bit sick of the one I've got. The templates out on the web just aren't worthwhile plus the new version of Blogger hasn't been out long enough for people to make any good templates that are compatible with the new specs.

I want something nice and something new, but I have neither the time, nor the skill to do this myself. (Yes I know I could probably learn and given my technical abilities I could probably attain the skill to edit/create CSS templates but there's still the first issue, lack of time).

Does anyone know of any good resources for easily (read WYSIWYG) creating/customizing CSS templates? I deal with code enough on a daily basis, I don't want to deal with it for my journal.

Ok, folks. Help me to give The Crystal Cave a make-over. :)

1 comments:

Tara said...

I don't know about WYSIWYG, but to make CSS as painless as possible I use TopStyle- http://www.newsgator.com/NGOLProduct.aspx?ProdID=TopStyle

You don't have to shell out the $80 for the full product, there's a "TopStyle Lite" that is slightly less cool but still enormously useful (and free). You can get that one here:
http://www.newsgator.com/NGOLProduct.aspx?ProdId=TopStyle&ProdView=lite

hope this helps