Tuesday, June 27, 2006

A new MILEstone

Well, without even realizing it or thinking about it (I was watching TV in the gym) I hit the 3 mile mark. I was barely tired and looked down to see I was at 2.78 miles so I figured, "why not", and ran out the full 3 miles. I feel great. Hitting the 3 mile mark is a huge goal of mine so that I can burn those extra calories every day and lose the weight a bit faster.

Since I've only recently started hitting 2.5 I will be trying for 3 every day but will be ready to punch the cool down button anytime that I don't feel ok when running. I don't want to do something to hurt myself in trying to get to 3 miles every day that will prevent me from running at all. Meeting my goal at any cost will not help anything. Its the long term that matters more than the short term.

0 comments: