Monday, June 26, 2006

Monday Report

So this weekend was exhausting. I was up at 6 AM on Saturday to get to work for 6:45 AM in order to do work on the servers. The schedule was to be done by noon, but as it often happens with scheduled downtime various things went wrong and we finally wrapped up at about 2:30 PM. After that we had lunch at the 99. After that I had a few fraternity brothers over for dinner which was fun, but it completely threw my day off to do any running. I finally went to sleep at 2:20 AM Sunday morning.

Sunday was mostly recovery from being up for 20 hours straight on Saturday. I got woken up at noon with a call from the DBA at work saying that the database was down and he couldn't get a hold of the two more senior SysAdmins, so I got up and trucked into work. I at least got about 10 hours of sleep which didn't entirely make up for the complete lack of sleep for the previous few days. I decided to give myself at least one full day of rest so that I wasn't moving servers or running or working out.

This morning I got up and I ran 2.5 miles. I'm very happy with that new milestone. The goal is to hit 2.5 miles all week and then bring it up to 3 miles next week. That's where I'd like to be for the long term; 3 miles every morning.

I weighed myself this morning and the scale showed 188.5. I was very dissapointed since I was hoping to have continued to lose weight after running for 5 full days last week. I took a shower and dried off and once I did that I got on the scale just for the hell of it and was 187.0 WOOOHOOO!! I have lost another pound. :-D

I'm still the same on my measurements for stomach/waist; 36.5/36.5 so no change there. The next time I weigh in will be next Monday. I'm making sure I do not weigh in more than once a week so as to not stress myself out with the daily fluctuations in weight. I've seen weight go up or down by 1-3 pounds easily which is very frustrating when you are trying to be good and lose weight.

Well that's todays update. Also I'm happy to report that Dani met her goal of losing 2 pounds today. Congratulations Dani!

0 comments: