Friday, August 26, 2005

I hate spam

Yeah, so immediately after my most recent post I got 3 different spam comments. Its bad enough that i have to have them in my e-mail, I certainly don't want it in my blog. I certainly will make a VERY large point to NEVER buy ANYTHING from ANY place that advertises in such a way.

So, because of that, I have turned on "word verification" on commenting to the blog (not that it'll affect that many people since people rarely comment, if anyone even reads all of this). What this means to you is that you will now have to identify a "captcha" which is essentially a graphic that has text that has been altered in some way to make it difficult for character recognition systems to read it but is still understandable by humans. The point is that this will prevent automated comment spam since all of that is usually automated. We shall see if this fixes my issues.

0 comments: