Friday, August 12, 2005

Getting Fit, Staying Fit

Well its been two weeks and I've made it to the gym 8 times in the last two weeks. 8 out of 10 is not bad and I hit all of the important 6 days that I was aiming for. My new plan is to go running at Bally's 3 times a week on Monday, Wednesay and Friday. I intend to go swimming on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but sometimes I just need a mid-week day of rest to sleep in a bit. The swimming days are simply to do some excercise that isn't impact. If I run daily I get shin-splints way too easily. I started on August 1 at about 1.25 miles. On 8/3 I got to 1.5 miles, and on 8/5 I got to 2 miles and have maintained 2 miles all this week too.

I've lost two pounds and half an inch off my waist, and I feel better and more energized than I have in a long time. I'm hoping I've lost more weight and waist size but I promised myself I wouldn't weigh/measure myself except on Mondays. All the measurements can all fluctuate from day to day so there's no point in stressing myself out by doing daily measurements.

I'm not looking for any quick weight loss or body change. I'd rather this be a nice slow process that I can sustain and keep the weight off. I'll keep everyone updated on how its all going, but I think its a good sign that for two weeks I've been able to get up at 5:30 - 6:00 AM on a daily basis for two weeks.

0 comments: