Thursday, April 14, 2005

ugh

Ok, so tonight was NOT one of my finer moments.

1) It is not a good idea as stage manager to forget to preset the props. Thankfully our cast for Transaction Completed is absolutely brilliant and amazing and worked wonders with everything without it.

In what little defense I feel comfortable giving, the damn backstage speakers weren't working so I was trying to frantically follow the script for the preceding show and make sure our actors got out on stage correctly. Summary: Brilliant Actors, Bad Stage Manager.

2) Knowing your lines helps. Yeah..... in Passing I jumped us about 1.5 pages and even got to insert lines that weren't there. Thankfully, from what I'm told, it wasn't obvious to most of the audience. Of course, I know what happened and that's enough, being the perfectionist I am.

Well I have my chance to redeem myself tomorrow for #1 and Saturday for #2. I'm going to bed now.

0 comments: