Monday, July 31, 2006

And so it goes...

So I know I've been bad about updates. Sometimes you are in the mood for updates and sometimes you aren't. I've been stressing a LOT about money lately but that seems like its finally working itself out. I have a roomate settled in and that is going well. I'm finally getting a handle on what it will cost to manage the air temperture here (aka NOT cheap).

I've begun the process of looking for a new car since the Audi is finally dying. I've had that car for just over 6 years now. I've had it for just over 1/5 of my life. I've had it through the last two years of college, through my entire coming out process, through the crazy year that was my senior year, through the time I worked in Boston, all the places I've lived in Worcester and Webster. It's funny how things can become a part of you. I've had the same CD in slot 3 of the 6-disk changer for probably 90% of the time that I've had the car; Vertical Horizon "Everything You Want". It's the car that took me to Hampton Beach for excursions with Patrick, Mary, Sare, Jen and the rest of the gang. It's the car that took me camping in Vermont. It's the car that took me to Canada with Colin. It's the car that took me to New York City twice to perform Off-Off Broadway. I've gone on so many road trips in that car (one of the reasons that I put an average of 17,000 miles a year on it, although the average was probably much higher before the last few years). That car is the reason for creating "Audi Privileges" ;) I have so many memories in that car its hard to say goodbye.

Other changes are happening too. At work I've moved my office. I moved upstairs to the cubes behind the main office area. The benefits to this is that I'm now closer to the rest of my team, I get a resonable temperture (70 degrees instead of 82 degrees), I get sunlight, and best of all I get cell reception. The negative is that I'm now closer to the rest of my team (mostly cuz they can be LOUD! hehe), and that I don't have the benefit of being able to close more door or ask my officemate to leave for a short while to allow me to make a phone call or talk with someone in the office privately. The noise aspect I will hopefuly take care of with my brand new pair of Bose noise-cancelling headphones. *grin* Also a plus is that we just got brand new black Aeron chairs. These are THE most comfortable chairs you have ever sat on.

Well that's all I have for now. I'll be sure to update more as I can.

Oh, I almost forgot. I'm going to be an uncle. My sister is having a baby and it'll be due in January. This will DEFINITELY take a bit of getting used to.

TTFN

0 comments: