Monday, July 24, 2006

Fun in the woods

Well this weekend I spent some time up in the mountains in NH with Booj. I went up Friday night and we had a few drinks and then we headed back to his place. He's got a great house right on the lake. We went out back to the dock to see the lake. The water was completely placid and a light fog was on the surface. The stars were beautiful. You could even see the Milky Way among the stars. It was incredible and something I always love to look at when I'm out camping. The other thing that was wonderful was the absolute silence. There wasn't any noise from any motors or anything man-made. It was beautifully, wonderfuly quiet. I dipped my toes into the water and it was so warm; it was like bath water. Unfortunately we never had time this weekend to go for a swim. After chatting for a bit we went to bed since we had an early day in store.

I woke up to a wondefully cooked breakfast by Tom's mom. We then drove over to North Conway and hiked up Tuckerman's Ravine. We hiked the three miles up to the base of the bowl over a two hour period, four hours total for the six mile round trip. We made it up all the way with only a bit of rain sprinkling. We started down the mountain and got about 1/3 of the way down when the skies opened up. By the time we got to the bottom we were both soaked to the core.

All in all a pretty good time, although I have to say I hurt in so many places right now. It was painful just to get up this morning, hehe. My legs are sore, my back is sore, my arms are sore. Can't wait until I can do it again! :)

0 comments: