Thursday, July 24, 2003

I'm tired...

Damn, I'm tired this morning. I had to get up at 6am this morning to make sure Colin was up to get to his appointment in Boston by 9am. I was good, I went to bed no later than midnight, but since I had to get up early fate was working overtime against me.


I got a call from a drunken Nick at 1am, which I didn't realize what was going on until I missed the call so I just went back to bed. Then at 1:45 am I get woken up to someone repeatedly ringing the doorbell. I was not in a good mood at that point. I threw on some pants and answered the door, and was not prepared for what was there when I got there.

I opened my door and saw that there was a spotlight trained on the front door and there was a Worcester Police officer standing there. I opened the outside front door and he asks if I was "Mr. Marker." Imagine, if you will, how fast my heart is racing at this point with a cop at my door asking for my roommate. Turns out that Colin's mom had sent him a package and it was left by the Postal worker on our front porch and someone down the street had snagged it and opened it up. The cop had found it and was returning it. From what I could tell with Colin the next morning, I don’t think anything had actually been taken, but he has to call his mom for that.

Needless to say, with the adrenaline rushing through me from that I didn't get back to sleep until 3am. Ugh... what a night.