Thursday, October 21, 2010

Give my regards to Broadway

After political rants, baring of souls and other heavy things, let’s get to some lighter fare.

 

On the weekend of October 1, I went down to NYC for Missa Gaia, which is an “Earth Mass” by Paul Winter celebrating the Feast of St. Francis at St. John the Divine church in NYC.  As it was last year, it was a fun time.

 

The most incredible part of the weekend was on Friday when some friends and I went to see A Little Night Music.  This is the musical by Sondheim that has “Send in the Clowns”.  My friend John got tickets in the second row, just right of center!  It was incredible to be that close to the stage.  Additionally, the show had Bernadette Peters and Eileen Stritch in the production.  Seeing those two grande dames of the stage was one of the most incredible experiences of my life!  Watching Bernadette Peters sing “Send in the Clowns” was one of those experiences that I’ll be able to always say “I was there when…”

 

In two weeks I’m back to NYC to see Matthew Bourne’s Swan Lake.  This production takes the traditional ballet production and turns it on its head with an all male corps de ballet.  Best part about this is that I get to spend some long overdue time hanging out with my friend Pace.

 

I have to say, there are times when I’d love to be living in NYC, just for the option to head to a show whenever I wanted.

0 comments: