Sunday, April 30, 2006

Wicked

So I went to see Wicked last night at the Boston Opera House. It was incredible. Completely fantastic. The singers were wonderful and the set was breathtaking.

The scary thing is that I know I'm totally becoming a theatre geek now. The first thing I thought as I sat in the theatre (after, damn they did a great job restoring this place) was "damn that's a nice pre-set", and "ooh, I really like the gobos they are using and the color choices." Oh what have I become!! hehe Even throughout thet performance at certain points I kept thinking, "oh I like how they used the spots there" and "oh that's a creative way to deal with those set pieces". I guess part of the downside of getting involved in all aspects of theatre (directing, acting, set crew, lighting, set build) is that now its like going to see a magic show when you know how the tricks are done. Of course its still the point that if its done well enough you won't care and you will still be awed by it and forget all the technical stuff. Total suspension of disbelief. And that was Wicked for me. Completely incredible.

Before we went, we had a great time at Fire and Ice. I went with my aunts Maureen and Christine and my Mom. It was a great time and I got to enjoy to very well poured Stoli Ras Martinis (thanks mom). It was definitely a nice break from all the stress of moving and buying the condo and such. All in all it was a very good time.

1 comments:

Christine said...

What a great time I had Saturday night! It was great to see you Tommy and so good to be out and about in Boston (without having to be there for work I mean.) The show was great - I'd even see it again! I'm looking forward to your performance in June!

Love,
Keke