Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Update on all things "shady"

Well I've decided not to get the shades at this time. At this point its simply a want, not a need. With everything else I need to do the money can be better spent on other things, not the least of which is to be held in reserve while I find a roommate.

I would have to commit to these shades by the end of the month and I still don't even know when I'm moving in. I think I'm going to take Catherine's idea and slowly do them, room by room and install them myself. I'll do my bedroom first, then the guest bedroom second (only one window) and then I will tackle the living room last, but I won't do this until I have several months with a roommate and some emergency savings put away.

I still have to buy a washer/dryer set, 3 celing fans (2 bedrooms and living room), as well as other incidentals I may need. Add to this the fact that I don't yet have a roommate secured. I'll feel a lot better once that happens. I also may need to put some money into the old Audi as its feeling a little off and I'm not in any position to buy a new(-to-me) car at this point, but that's definitely the next item on the agenda.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and I'll keep all of that in mind.

0 comments: