Monday, January 24, 2005

Water, water, everywhere

Yet ANOTHER run in with broken pipes and flooding. At least this time it wasn't my apartment. This time it was my office.

Joy of joys the pipes burst above Perreault Hall in Fuller Labs. It set of the fire alarms which made us all run out into the cold. That was fun, let me tell you. The water ended up seeping into my office and basically being a general nuisance more than anything else. The people in the basement level got hit far worse. It hit a few computers I think but overall they too got out unscathed, they just had to move everything out of the wet areas.

As for the homefront, the basement has been repainted and new ceiling tiles have been put in. In my bedroom the contractor has put antibacterial paint on the stains and patched the holes. He'll be coming back to sand everything down and to repaint. The rug should be here by the end of the week (I hope) and the new appliances (stove and refrigerator) will be here on Wednesday, February 2nd. Of course the stove will be problematic since the landlord has to get an electrician to put in a new circuit for it, as well as a plumber to cap the old gas line. By Feb. 3rd the place should be like brand new, just in time to leave in June.

The only positive thing right now is that Wachusett mountain should be spectacular. With the new snow we got they should have a great foundation for all the trails. Hopefully I can break away this weekend to go. That's all for now.

0 comments: