Monday, January 10, 2005

Trip to Okemo

So we settle everything up for the trip to Okemo on Saturday night. We print out directions and the skiing coupons and I'm off to bed at 12:40 AM. Not to bad right? Well not bad if you aren't getting up at 4:00 AM.

Getting up at 4:00 is not as bad as I had feared. I got up, dressed and prepped everything to leave at 5:00. Cate had mentioned that we would meet and leave at 6:00 but I inisted on 5:00 AM. As it turns out we left at precisely 6:00 after meeting at 5:30 and readying everything. Cate was slightly miffed and slightly amused, and Smriti and Tom were very amused when I declared that we were leaving exactly when I figured we would leave. :)

We got to the mountain at about 9:00 and had a great day of skiing. I got in several great runs including a few trips down a meandering green circle (beginner) trail called Mountain Road. This trail is absolutely beautiful. There were trees on both sides of it and you could see the valley through parts of it. This trail is basically a service road in the off-season which is why its not steep at all. The best part was that if you waited a bit for the skiiers to pass by, the trail was absolutely silent. No wind, no rustling, nothing. Simple, beautiful, silence.

At 4:00 pm we packed up and went home. Today I am aching a bit from all the workout. My legs are reminding me that I don't do this as often as I used to. All in all a good time.

0 comments: