Friday, November 19, 2004

Been a While - Update Part 2

Ok, so when I was last writing I was talking about work stuff. Now on to the rest of my life over the summer up until now.

Let's see, first off is that I moved from my apt. on Bowdoin Street to my new place on Dean Street. The new place is great and has 2 floors, one of which is a full finished basement. It has a built in bar, 2 refridgerators and a dishwasher. I'm sooo excited that it has a dishwasher. That has to be the all time best thing EVER!!!

The next thing is that i was involved in a musical revue. It was a collection of Sondheim songs with a few other composers thrown in for good measure. It was quite a quickly done show. We had one rehearsal in July and then nothing else until August and then from Sunday through the following Saturday when the production occured, my life belonged to the revue. Its funny, "hell week", as final production week is known as, is usually a lot of work and very stressful and this was no exception, but amazingly this worked very well to counteract the heavy dose of work related stress I was dealing with at the time. Without this production to escape to every night I think I would have had a hard time dealing with work.

I made a new friend over the summer as well. Donald, a Lamda Chi Alpha brother from RPI came up to work for John Minasian for the entire summer. Donald and I hit it off very well and became very good friends over the course of the summer. He's a pretty nice guy, for a Republican ;).

Since September started I've become involved with a new vocal group at WPI, theater at WPI and musical theater at Holy Cross. As you can tell, after the revue I got bit hard by the theater bug.

The vocal group is the Vocal Performance Lab. This is kind of a workshop group. It is audition only and I've been brought in, like one of the women, as a professional singer. *grin* I'm a professional.

Through that I got invited to try out for the February production over at Holy Cross. They are doing "Merrily We Roll Along" which is a musical by Stephen Sondheim. I'm playing "Tyler" as well as ensemble and I've recently been named understudy to Charley, one of the leads.

I also tried out for the B-Term show at WPI. We are doing (right now as I type actually) Death of a Salesman. Its a wonderful show. I play "Stanley" which is the waiter in the restaurant scene. I've had such a blast and its such an experience and a priviledge to work with such incredible people. I've forgotten how much fun this can be.

It was also fun to have Donald come and visit unexpectedly last week. It was good to catch up with him as to how things had been since he went back to RPI. It'll be fun to have him back up for a longer time in the winter.

So in the department of love life there's been absolutely nothing. nada. zilch. No crushes, no interests, no nothing. Honestly this is the first time in my life I haven't been crushing hard core on someone. I also really haven't had time for a relationship right now so I guess it's ok.

Finally I'm moving along in the quest for my condo. The purchase and sales agreement is in with the lawyers and I'm just waiting for them to resolve everything.

Well that finishes the update and brings most everything up to date. I'll try to start updating more often.