Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Spring has sprung

God the weather is beautiful. I am absolutely loving, loving, loving this weather. My exceptionally good mood continues.

I went to New Voices last week and it was phenomenal. WPI has such incredible talent here, its really amazing. I went to all 4 nights of shows.

For those of you who don't know what New Voices is, let me tell you. New Voices is an annual original works festival that was founded by Prof. Susan Vick. It has 4 nights and during that time makes two full runs of all of the shows. Wednesday and Thursday are one full set of shows and Friday and Saturday are the second full set of shows. This is its 22nd year.

I also helped out my friends who were in NV with strike and then attended the cast party. It was fun. It got broken up by the police within 20 minutes of being there, but we later regrouped at a secondary location and I didn't end up back at my place until about 5am. Damn I haven't had that much fun in years! And body shots are a lot of fun to do. *looks innocent*

Yesterday was the start of Quadfest and my friend BJ won the chance to do a 30 minute set of her music to open for the main group that was performing on the quad. She's got a beautiful voice and her songs are amazing. She write's them herself. She also did an excellent cover of Dashboard Confessional's "The Best Deceptions".

Today was the Junior Closer Look Open House on campus. My friend Patrick's younger brother Adam with his mother came here since he's interested in Mechanical Engineering. I gave them a tour around campus and talked with them for a while. It was certainly nice to see MaryAnn (Patrick and Adam's mom) in a situation that wasn't resulted from insane drama. She's one of the only mother's of my friends that I've ever considered like a second mom.

Also cool today was that Quadfest had an old fashioned picture taking booth on the Quad and I got my picture taken with Max and Tom.

Well that's all for today but I'll leave you with the picture that was taken of us:

triosml.jpg