Monday, April 12, 2004

Life is good

I don' t know what it is but I'm in an incredibly good mood lately. I'm not talking about the super cheery, "I'm having a great day" kind of good mood, more the "I really like my life and am happy with it and the people around me" kind of good mood.

I think it may be due in part to the fact that I'm getting into a routine of going to the gym on a regular basis (2 times a week, 4 times total thus far, but its a start).

I think it also has to due with the fact I'm making some new friends and hanging out with them. From my side of things, everything seems to have worked out for the best with Tim and we are really settling into being very good friends, which I think we always were, its just now there's no dating portion to it. I've also really started getting to know Max and he's turning out to be a really great friend. We seem to share a lot of similar as well as complimentary views on life and the general questions of morality.

Things just feel like they are on the upswing and that my life is starting to calm down and not be so incredibly hectic and stressful. It feels like I'm able to once again begin to control my life and reduce the chaos and restore order. It's often felt, in the last year, that my life was spinning out of control and away from my reach to make things right.

I'm also really looking forward to the spring. The perennial season of rebirth and beginnings. Its like I'm exiting a tunnel I didn't realize I was in, that I'd been there for so long that I felt that it was normal. Quite simply I feel great.