Monday, June 13, 2016

I Lived

I finally broke down. I was just about 6 miles into my 10k run today. I was physically exhausted. I was nearing the final stretch and I was listening to my running playlist which I always have randomly shuffle. As I'm pushing for every last bit of strength to make it through to my personal finish line, One Republic's "I Lived" came on. I immediately began sobbing. Everything that I had been putting off came flooding through. What also came through was the incredible power of having just sung that song on stage with nearly 180 of my fellow chorus family last weekend. The love. The support.
Hope that you spend your days, but they all add up
And when that sun goes down, hope you raise your cup
Oh, I wish that I could witness all your joy and all your pain
But until my moment comes, I'll say
I, I did it all
I, I did it all
I owned every second that this world could give
I saw so many places, the things that I did
With every broken bone, I swear I lived


0 comments: