Sunday, November 04, 2007

Let us give thanks and praise

Well yesterday I went to NYC with Max. For my birthday he had told me he'd take me to a show and we finally had a chance to take the time to get to see one.

We ended up choosing "Altar Boyz" and what a good choice. The show was HILARIOUS! The "boyz" are Matthew (the leader), Mark (the "sensitive" one), Luke (the bad boy), Juan (the Latin lothario, and Abraham (the Jewish friend). The concept is that the show takes place at the final concert of the "Raise the Praise" tour. The running gag of the show is the "Soul Sensor DX-12" which senses how many troubled souls are in the audience and their goal is to bring the number to zero by the end of the show.

The whole show satirizes the whole boy-band and christian pop thing and is just one laugh after another. If you have a chance to go see it, I highly recommend it!

0 comments: