Sunday, March 11, 2007

Spring is in the air

It's not really here yet, but the weather is finally getting warmer and I've had the opportunity to leave my windows open today to get some fresh air into the condo.

I had a bit of a birthday bash yesterday and it was a lot of fun. It was great to see everyone including some old friends that I haven't seen in far too long.

Going backwards I've had a pretty good week. I watched "300" with some of the Crow brothers on Friday. I have to see it was far better than I expected it to be. It was a bit on the bloody side but it wasn't as gory or out of line as you'd think it would be with that much blood. The story was well done and the direction of the movie was fantastic. The pacing was very tight and it didn't feel nearly as long as it actually was.

Later that night I had dinner with Pace who made Cider Chicken with Mushroom sauce. It was fantastic. That, coupled with a very nice Chianti (no, Judd, there were no fava beans involved) made for a very nice evening with a friend.

Wednesday through Friday turned into an impromptu movie marathon with Pace. Wednesday we ended up going to Chili's for dinner and during discussion it came up that he'd never seen "Jeffrey" so I insisted he come over and watch it. The next night he came over and had me watch "A Dirty Shame" by John Waters. It was hilarious and fairly well done and there was just something surreal about seeing Selma Blair with watermellon sized breasts and big frizzy blond hair. Friday's movie of choice was "Camp" which is something anyone who's ever done theatre (musical or otherwise) can appreciate. We'll have to think up some additional movies to watch for D term.

Last Sunday I had dinner with Travis and Terence. It was nice to see them again. I made Linguine alla vodka and it was very good. I need to start cooking new things more often. I have found that I very much like to cook.

I definitely need a bit of a vacation. Maybe I'll take a week off in May. I've got 15.5 days left to take. A few long weekends in June, a week off in May or June. We'll see how it turns out. Maybe I'll even take some time in the late summer, go camping or hiking.

0 comments: