Thursday, December 14, 2006

One flight down...

First off, no I didn't actually post this while I was in the air but I did write it then, and so I'm setting the post time to coincide with when I wrote it.

It's quite amazing to be flying. The clouds below look like blankets of snow as far as the eye can see. It's funny because it's been so warm lately that the idea of snow is almost completely foreign. The captain just mentioned that its supposed to be a very warm weekend in Boston and that its currently 50 degrees.

We're beginning our descent right now and the clouds are giving way to show the ground beneath. It looks like a giant shore line in the middle of the air. The fact that we're over Long Island Sound doesn't hurt the illusion with the water being the only thing that I can see where the clouds have cleared up a bit.

As much as I enjoyed DC it'll be good to be coming back. I'm also looking forward to the time off during the holiday break. The best part will be catching up with old friends. Max has the week off as well so I hope to hang out with him some. Donald is going to be working at Hartford again so hopefully we can get together at some point.

It's been a while since I had an evening flight. I forgot how all the lights from below look when you're 19,000 ft up in the air. It looks like a blanket of Christmas lights.

Well we're getting close to the point where I have to put my laptop away so I'm going to sign off at this point. Who knows when my next post will be so to have a happy
Hanukkah this weekend and have a Merry Christmas the weekend after that and finally a happy New Year to everyone.

0 comments: