Friday, November 03, 2006

Love that dirty water...

Its good to be back in Boston. As much as I loved DC, its good to be home, and yes I know that in actuality that Worcester is home and not Boston, but when travling around the country or the world, its Boston that I consider my home. Its nice to come back to a familiar city and a familiar airport.

I'm currently on my way home from Logan right now. Having a data enabled cell phone rocks! :) I took Worcester Limo Shared Van service into and out of Boston to save the hassle of driving myself and the cost of leaving my car at Logan. On the return trip I have lucked out. They transferred me to a private limo towncar for the return trip. SWEET!

I have to say that two of the things that really struck me about DC was the driving and the homeless people. The homeless seemed to be everywhere. It was rare to go more than a few blocks without seeing someone sitting or sleeping on a park bench, on the side of a building, or on a window sill of a building. I know that Boston does have its share of homeless, but it didn't seem to be so prevelant.

Then there's the driving. I know people give a lot of grief about "boston drivers" but the DC drivers were crazy. They'd honk and cut people off a lot worse than in Boston. At least in Boston, most people seem to know what they are doing. They are VERY agressive but it seems like people understand and expect it. In NYC most of the drivers on the streets are cabbies, and they are all used to each other anyway. In DC, though, it seemed like people were just erratic and didn't know from one minute to the next what they were doing.

The flight home was less rocky and bumpy than the flight down which is always a plus. I was worried about getting my ride home since we took off about 10 minutes late from Dulles, but we seemed to make up about 15 minutes in the air and actually arrived early. I have to say I'm impressed with JetBlue. Its pretty good service for the price. The only thing I miss about the regular airlines are the larger planes, because they, like larger ships, seem to be less affected by turbulence and changing currents.

All-in-all it was good training and a worthwhile trip. I'm looking forward to going back in December.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have the same complaint I do. Mass drivers may be jerks but they're skilled jerks. Atlanta has the highest traffic fatility rate in the country and I swear there's a car overturned and on fire on the highway at least once every rush hour. As for the homeless, we just hide em better and/or have better services for them. I don't actually know which. In Atlanta they chased em out of the business area and into the Bluff so we may just hide em in an area you're not about to drive through. When I get a job up there in a few months I'll let you know. :) Miss ya sweetie and I'll see ya soon! Little over a month till I'm done with classes for another semester. Thank God!