Friday, December 31, 2004

A plethora of updates

Ok, I'm tired, but I promised more updates.

Christmas - If anyone remembers my post from last year I was wondering about the conspiracy of my family to give me alcohol or alcohol related gifts. This year I got 4 bottles of wine, 2 wine glasses, a wine carrier for two bottles of wine, and a set of 8 retro Tom Collins glasses complete with the recipe for Tom Collins printed on the front along with a serving tray for it. Yes they truly must think I'm a lush. :-D I also got some money, some gift cards, a lovely set of stoneware bowls and some nice new dress shirts. All and all a good Christmas.

The Condo - So about two weeks ago I signed all the paperwork for the Purchase and Sales agreement and with the help of my father put down the deposit on the unit. I'm officially in the process of buying my condo now. WOOOHOOO!! I also drove by on Tuesday and they had started construction which is also cool.

Tea at 5 - Patrick and I went out and saw the one woman show about Katharine Hepburn performed by Katherine Mulgrew (Star Trek Voyager's Katherine Janeway). It was, in a word, spectacular. It was a great show and Kate Mulgrew's performance really showed that she's more than just a Trek actress.

Phantom of the Opera - That which I have been waiting years and years to occur has finally happened. The movie version of Andrew Lloyd Webber's Phantom of the Opera is theaters. To this I'm of mixed emotions. On the one hand I love the show and can't wait to see it. On the other the critics are SLAMMING it. To counter that, when have the critics been right about movies? Moreso, when are they even understanding about musical movies? The only real trepedation I have on that is that I have bought the soundtrack for it and I really do NOT like Gerard Butler as Phantom. What WAS Webber thinking. *sigh* I guess nothing can be perfect.

Apartment water damage - The latest is that my landlord is getting ANOTHER contracter to come in and size up the place. Whatever. I just want it FIXED! I've managed to salvage my New Years party by converting my bedroom into the party area. I'm moving the tables upstairs and the couch and moving my bed downstairs. The show must go on!!

Oh what a headache - I woke up with a bit of a headache this morning. That's what happens when you have several rum and cokes and you polish off one and a half bottles of shiraz with a few friends. Tom and Judd were over last night and we had a fun time which got drunker and drunker. Ahhh such fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I was there too! At the begining - before it got fun
:(
TC your wrong - being responsible is not nearly as advantageous as not being responsible
1) I miss fun
2) The Pay isnt better
3) Sleep is overrated, its the hangover that really slows me down

Well Im glad you had a good night....
~Cate

TC said...

Yes but being responsbile has its perks too. The pay allows you to buy the alchol with which to be unresponsible at later times. You simple need to manage your irresponsibility better. ;)