Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Don't Rain on my parade!

Ok so I got back from Direct Tire last tuesday at about 7 and was all set to get ready and go skiing. I walked into my apartment and the first thing I noticed was an acrid smell, then I noticed it sounded like it was raining inside my apartment. I turned on the light and then immediately turned it off again as I saw that water was streaming down the light fixture. I went around the dripping water and got my flashlight and found that water was leaking from the upstairs apartment into my bedroom. The next thing I did was go to check the rest of the house.

The hallway was also drenched. I then went downstairs and found that water was raining ALL OVER MY COUCHES. *sniff*

About an hour later my landlord and a plumber was at the apartment fixing things. They stopped the water running and repaired the pipe but apparently there was still another leak so the plumber came back the next day.

I stayed at Judd and Tom's apartment for the evening that night and the night after.

The next morning I called into work since I had to deal with ServiceMaster coming in to clean the place as well as the plumber finishing up the work. ServiceMaster took down a great deal of the tiles in the ceiling as well as the insulation. They also cut up most of the rug.

The plumber spent most of that day and the next fixing the pipes and pushing anti-freeze through the heating system.

The next day I had the adjusters over. Tuesday ServiceMaster came by to pick up the drying fans and the de-humidifiers they had left running since Wednesay to dry out the place.

I've had the contracter over and the adjuster is finished. Hopefully this will all be fixed within a few weeks. *sigh* so much for a perfect party. Oh well, the show must go on!

0 comments: