Monday, February 14, 2011

Need a recharge

So currently at WPI we’re in the midst of the dreaded “C Term”.  It’s the 7 week term from mid January to the end of February, and it’s also the dead of winter.  The phrase “C Term Sucks” is often stated by students.  It was true in my undergrad days and really hasn’t changed in the intervening years, even as a staff member.

 

Since the new year started, it feels like I’ve been running just to stay in place.  I’ve had several systems that just fell apart at work.  While some have been worked out, others still are partially broken.  I feel like every step forward is another step back.

 

The constant barrage of snow is also getting to me.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m a new Englander, born and bred, and I love all four seasons and the snow, but I need green right now.  I need things growing.  I need warmer weather.  I need to be able to open my windows and let the breeze in.

 

I have always counted on the fact that I’m generally a positive, upbeat person, but these days it’s feeling like I’m going through the motions a bit, that it’s just a bit harder to put the smile on.

 

I’m sure all of this will work itself out in the coming weeks, but I can honestly say I won’t be sorry to see February go.

 

:-/

1 comments:

Amanda Delaive said...

I completely agree that C Term is a cold and dismal time. The freezing, windy and wet weather combined with the usual stress of a 7 week term always resulted in a sort of depression for me.

Heads up! Spring is (sort of) just around the corner. Remember how beautiful the campus is at that time :)