Thursday, May 31, 2007

A stitch in time...

Well I got my stiches taken out today. Oddly enough, this was the most painful part of the entire procedure and that included the 3 attempts to do my IV. It was the sharp pain when he pulled taut and then cut the sutures that really was source of the pain.

Granted, the actual cut had some pain, but it was more dull and simply "sore". I'm sure the vicodin the first few days helped in that regard.

So at this point I have to be careful for the next week so that I don't reopen the wound, not that the Doctor is really worried at 10+ days after the surgery.

I also can't do any strenuous activities for at least a month, so we're looking at July. Good thing I'm single ;)

At any rate, I'm doing quite well and will be back to work next Tuesday. I would have been back to work on Monday but I've requested Mondays off in June to get rid of vacation time.

0 comments: