Saturday, April 21, 2007

Measure twice, cut once

So I get to go in for a bit of surgery this summer, specifically on May 21. I have a small cyst that I need to get removed. The surgery will require at least a week out of work for recovery then possibly another 3 weeks before I'm fully recovered.

The fun part is going to be doing absolutely nothing and being in pain for a week before I can return to work and start driving again and probably still be in pain.

I've scheduled the surgury and will be getting confirmation on the date of the pre-op checkup soon. I've also take the week after the surgery off as sick time and the following week off as vacation time so I should be fairly recovered before going back to work.

Ahh, a summer full of fun and excitement!

5 comments:

Catherine said...

Obviously we'll just have to come and visit and help you recover faster. You can drink on painkillers right? :)

Cate said...

No but we can drink and entertain TC!!!!
He does have that lovely loft with a view.
~The procrastingating Cate

Christine said...

I hope its nothing too seriuos! i'll be thinking of you and if you need ANYTHING just call! :)

TC said...

Nope, nothing all that serious. Just a little bit of minor surgury to remove the cyst. It's an outpatient procedure. The only reason the recovery period is so long is due to the location of where they are cutting and the limitations of how the cut has to heal.

Judd said...

I second the "Get Drunk and Entertain TC Party." Should I start sending emails? :)